Appealing to Audience
The situation: you,
a 20-year-old sophomore, have recently discovered that you’re pregnant. The
father of your child (a guy you dated for a year) dumped you for a Hooters
waitress a week ago. After much soul-searching, you decide to keep the baby and
pursue your BS degree in nursing. But you know that you’ll need help; you’ll
need to write a letter to your audience (listed below) to inform them of your
pregnancy and ask for assistance.
Your audience: Your Mama
Pathos:
Why would your mother be resistant to assist you or welcome
this news?
She may be dissapointed that I am having a baby so young and that the father was so irresponsible to not want to help me with the baby, and that I would date a man like that. She'll see the fact that I was not very careful and didn't make good decisions. I would use the emotional pull that my mother will now be getting her first grandchild, and that I'm trying to help my future and my baby's future. I would show her that she will have something to be proud of.
No comments:
Post a Comment